Hello There! So Happy To See You Here!! 🙂
Welcome to T3: Trending Tips Tuesday! Another part of my Haute Series. I’ve chosen to have a special topic for everyday, and post it every other day, in order to gather interesting ideas and share it according to a category! How does that sound to you!?
My goal, yes I have those for my blog, was to begin Monday (I won’t reveal the name for that one yet:) but Tropical Storm Isaac did not allow me to do so. So, if you missed the first one of the Haute Series: F3, do not fear my friend, go and check it out as it was featured, read my smile!, on DailyBuzz Style 🙂 Here you can find it as Frugalicious Fashion Friday. Please feel free to share & like! 🙂
In addition My Dear Friends, I’m Having My ‘T3: Trending Topic Tuesday’ Twitter Party & YOU Are Invited!!
Since I Have An Amazing Audience in Europe (shout to my UK Buddies!) I Will Be Hosting 2 Parties From @HauteFrugalista, The Hashtag Is #HFT3 and The Topic Will Be Revealed At That Time!! So Use the #HFT3 Hashtag and Let’s Connect, Share & Learn!!
Time: 9pm(UK) and 9pm(Miami)/6pm(L.A)
Secret Code: #HFT3!!
Personally, I believe that nobody needs to spend large amounts of money to look amazing! Instead, we need to learn how to pick the correct fabrics and styles that suit our shape, and that have a classy taste to it. 🙂
I decided to share a few shopping insights on this T3 post. This time, I’ve gathered some tips on how to select pieces that look and feel expensive, without having to actually splurge on them! So here you have my top 3 tips of the day:
* Quality & Finish: Always double check the piece that you are buying. Make sure the finishes are good, meaning that there aren’t any loose threads, missing buttons, shreds or holes. You would be amazed at the times I’ve gone to a NICE retailer and found these things on a not so frugal item.
* Fabric: Silk, chiffon, cotton and linen are some of the fabrics that are constantly used by designers. If you find a silk tank top at a frugal store like Charlotte Russe or Forever 21, then get it! These type of fabrics, even if a couple of dollars more, always make an outfit look more polish and they tend to last a good amount of time if well-taken care of. 🙂
* Details: This can mark the difference between classy and trashy. Embellishments, sequins, glitter, brocades, all of those are added ons that will make a piece of clothing look stylish; however, there is a fine line between a sparkly outfit and a 4th of July parade! Measure yourself when it comes to glitter and sequins. If there are too many details on a single piece of clothing, then keep the rest of the look completely minimal, that way you won’t risk looking like a Christmas tree instead of a sophisticated person.
Look at the outfits and prices from these different posts:
* Silk Top: $17 at a small retailer at the mall (very much like a Dots type of place!)
* Costa Blanca Silk Pants: $22 and I’ve had them for over 2yrs!
Frugalicious Fashion Friday:
* Silk Dress: $18 about 2yrs ago! Wore it pregnant sans the belt so that was like 2 dresses in one! Beyond frugal!
Now Tell Me: How Much Would You Have Thought Those Outfits Cost? Does It Match Up The Actual Price? Remember: It’s Always a Matter of Class Not Cash!!
♥Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin’ & Tumblr: Hautefrugalista♥
Also, I have my column named ‘Spotted’ By Dee Trillo and I’m looking forward to sharing my articles!! To All My Blogger Friends: Please Read, Rate and Share! 🙂
Visit WFBC Blog Beauty and the Best of the Rest