Hello There! So Happy To See You Here!! 🙂
Welcome to T3: Trending Tips Tuesday! Another part of my Haute Series. I’ve chosen to have a special topic for everyday, and post it every other day, in order to gather interesting ideas and share it according to a category! How does that sound to you!?
My goal, yes I have those for my blog, was to begin Monday (I won’t reveal the name for that one yet:) but Tropical Storm Isaac did not allow me to do so. So, if you missed the first one of the Haute Series: F3, do not fear my friend, go and check it out as it was featured, read my smile!, on DailyBuzz Style 🙂 Here you can find it as Frugalicious Fashion Friday. Please feel free to share & like! 🙂
In addition My Dear Friends, I’m Having My ‘T3: Trending Topic Tuesday’ Twitter Party & YOU Are Invited!!
Since I Have An Amazing Audience in Europe (shout to my UK Buddies!) I Will Be Hosting 2 Parties From @HauteFrugalista, The Hashtag Is #HFT3 and The Topic Will Be Revealed At That Time!! So Use the #HFT3 Hashtag and Let’s Connect, Share & Learn!!
Time: 9pm(UK) and 9pm(Miami)/6pm(L.A)
Secret Code: #HFT3!!
Tweet Ya There & Share!
Personally, I believe that nobody needs to spend large amounts of money to look amazing! Instead, we need to learn how to pick the correct fabrics and styles that suit our shape, and that have a classy taste to it. 🙂
I decided to share a few shopping insights on this T3 post. This time, I’ve gathered some tips on how to select pieces that look and feel expensive, without having to actually splurge on them! So here you have my top 3 tips of the day:
* Quality & Finish: Always double check the piece that you are buying. Make sure the finishes are good, meaning that there aren’t any loose threads, missing buttons, shreds or holes. You would be amazed at the times I’ve gone to a NICE retailer and found these things on a not so frugal item.
* Fabric: Silk, chiffon, cotton and linen are some of the fabrics that are constantly used by designers. If you find a silk tank top at a frugal store like Charlotte Russe or Forever 21, then get it! These type of fabrics, even if a couple of dollars more, always make an outfit look more polish and they tend to last a good amount of time if well-taken care of. 🙂
* Details: This can mark the difference between classy and trashy. Embellishments, sequins, glitter, brocades, all of those are added ons that will make a piece of clothing look stylish; however, there is a fine line between a sparkly outfit and a 4th of July parade! Measure yourself when it comes to glitter and sequins. If there are too many details on a single piece of clothing, then keep the rest of the look completely minimal, that way you won’t risk looking like a Christmas tree instead of a sophisticated person.
Look at the outfits and prices from these different posts:
* Silk Top: $17 at a small retailer at the mall (very much like a Dots type of place!)
* Costa Blanca Silk Pants: $22 and I’ve had them for over 2yrs!
Frugalicious Fashion Friday:
* Silk Dress: $18 about 2yrs ago! Wore it pregnant sans the belt so that was like 2 dresses in one! Beyond frugal!
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim:
* Pink dress from Lulu*s: $22 and I had a free-ship coupon!
Now Tell Me: How Much Would You Have Thought Those Outfits Cost? Does It Match Up The Actual Price? Remember: It’s Always a Matter of Class Not Cash!!
♥Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin’ & Tumblr: Hautefrugalista♥
In case you’ve been in Mars, here is what you have missed!
* My Latest Adventures
* Make Your Own Web App
* Shoes & Jewels
Also, I have my column named ‘Spotted’ By Dee Trillo and I’m looking forward to sharing my articles!! To All My Blogger Friends: Please Read, Rate and Share! 🙂
Visit WFBC Blog Beauty and the Best of the Rest
17 thoughts on “Trending Tips Tuesday: Get Pieces That Look Like A Million Bucks!”
Hi, I just hopped over to your web page via StumbleUpon. Not somthing I might generally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thank you for making some thing worth reading through.
I just want to mention I am just all new to blogs and actually enjoyed you’re web site. Likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog . You actually come with amazing articles and reviews. Thanks a lot for revealing your web site.
I love the outfit with the cropped pants and the teal shirt. Gorgeous!
Hi M!! thanks!! glad you liked it!! I knew you would appreciate the bright colors!! xoxo
What a great post! Sorry I missed out on the chat that is a great idea maybe I can make it next time 🙂
Hey Ash!!! of course!!! pls join me!! every tuesday 9pm!! hashtag #HFT3 xoxo
You make it sounds so easy! I always have a hard time find things!
Hey Crystal!!! why dont you send me an email with things you might like and I can find them for you and make a post about it!! xoxo
HAHA sounds good!!!
Great post Dee! You are a savvy shopper! Will def share these tips w/ my readers as well!
thank you so much Yami!!! Its an honor that you would like to share them!!! xoxo
I agree to an extent. I think the more money you pay for clothing the better quality of the fabric, color and stitching, however dressing designer at bargain prices makes complete sense. Now if a girl loves a heavy rotation of clothes and cant afford the heftier prices, she can always mimic the styles that look designer..although those clothes really don’t end up lasting long. BTW is that a mermaid tail swinging from your neck on the last photo? LOL. That’s original!
Hey Jeni!!! That is a mermaid tail!!! Is a new jewelry collection from a designer named Paradisiac by MelRose! Her line is AMAZING!! I agree with you that bargain shopping can allow a girl to dress designer look-alike!! What I have find it that even designer brands, sometimes the craftsmanship is not as good as expected! Xoxo
Fashion is always fun but it is even more enjoyable on a budget!
Def!! That way you can also get more!! Dont forget to join my twitter party!! #HFT3 share with all the BSBN Gals!! Xoxo
Quality really is the key to making a piece of clothing look great! These are some fantastic tips- especially the finishes one.
Hey Al! I had actually named the first one Quality & Finish but changed it at last minute! Just updated! 🙂 Join me on my twitter party today! #HFT3 at 9pm(et)/6pm(pt) 🙂