Hello My Blogger Buddies!!,
If you haven’t become my BB yet, just comment here and paste your button code! That simple!
So, what are 2 things this frugalista loves besides fudge brownies?… Shoes & Jewels!! In case you’ve missed My Latest Adventures, I’ve been super busy writing and preparing my daughter for her 1st day of school, Ever!!! It’s so exciting taking her to the classroom, and thankfully, her teacher had some tissues ready the 1st day so that came handy for this proud mamma!
Well, for this fast lifestyle there is something that I always need: beautiful yet comfy shoes!! I love my heels, but I honestly can’t be running errands or after my kids with them. So this DIY is a simple and stylish choice for those days when you need to look polished without having to endure feet pain.
What You Need:
1) A pair of new or old plain satin flats. I prefer satin because its a type of fabric that looks luxurious and classy. Payless Shoe Source, Walmart and Kohls have awesome choices at frugal prices! No need to spend much, I mean, look at this beauties from Amazon for only $8!!
2) Small Bag of Your Fave Embellishements (crystals, pearls, beads) or Swarovski Elements (if you want to splurge!). Just head to your local craft store or Michael’s and choose the color, size or style (round, square) that you prefer.
3) Clear Super Glue or Craft/Gem Glue and a Clean Water bottle or Juice cap.
5) Tweezers with a tip that can hold the shape/size you chose.
1) Clean the surface of the shoes. I prefer satin flats because they look more elegant and can be easily taken from day to night.
2) Place your embellishements on a flat surface and have them ready to be used.
3) Place a fair amount of glue inside the cap, this way you won’t have to be going back and forth to get it.
4) Choose the design. It could be front only, everywhere, specific shapes, anything! Feel free to explore what suits your style!
5) Grab each jewel with the tweezers, put some glue on it and place it where you like.
6) Let it dry and Enjoy!!
Some Frugalicious Choices:
* Beige Shoedazzle
* Pink Steve Madden
The amazing thing is that you can tailor it to your taste!!
* Running earrands with some jeans or cut-offs and a crossbody bag
* Going out to a casual dinner or brunch with a flowy short dress and a clutch!
What did you think about this DIY? How would you pair them? Remember: It’s Always a Matter of Class Not Cash!!
♥Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin’ & Tumblr: Hautefrugalista♥
+ In case you’ve been in Mars, I have become a columnist for SoFlaNights.Com. I’m very excited and looking forward to sharing my articles from there! I’m hoping my blogger friends will read, rate and comment them (if possible!)!